According to a new report from analysts Fact.MR, the global photonic packaging market is estimated at US$ 452.3 billion in 2032 and is expected to expand at a CAGR of 5.7% during the forecast years of 2022-2032. It says the market is poised to grow due to remarkable use case of photonics in several end-use digital applications.
The Photonic Packaging Market study explains that with the rise of 2.5D and 3D package integration techniques and the emergence of the IoT, connectivity requirements are skyrocketing. The number of mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets, is increasing quickly. Their data communication needs are increasing the required capacity of global communication networks. The transfer of data, logic, and applications to the cloud increases the need for latency reduction while allowing for increased network capacity by using photonics.
The market study also found:
- The global photonic packaging market is projected to grow 1.7X and reach US$ 452.3 billion by 2032.
- The market witnessed 4.1% CAGR between 2017 and 2021.
- Optical photonic packaging dominates the market with US$ 110.9 billion valuation in 2022.
- APAC dominated the market with 68.2% market share in 2021.
- Together, the Americas and EMEA are likely to represent 32.2% market share in 2022.
- Based on region, demand for photonic packaging is expected to increase at CAGRs of 5.1% and 6.6%, respectively, in APAC and the Americas.
Fact.MR says technological advancements such as passive Fibre-to-PIC alignment, more accurate flip-chip vertical integration, improved thermal-stack design, and others have created a significant impact. Moreover, with ‘soft’ developments such as the adoption and publication of packaging standards and the consolidation and expansion of the component and material supply chain, there has been a dynamic shift in the overall photonic packaging landscape.
For more information, visit www.factmr.com