Complete 53 Gbaud optical kit includes drivers, EMLs, PIN PDs and TIAs For 100G and CWDM4 400G module designers.
NeoPhotonics, a developer of hybrid photonic integrated circuit based modules and subsystems for bandwidth-intensive, high speed communications networks, has announced its 53 Gbaud linear optical component family, which includes PAM4-capable optical components for 100G and 400G cloud data centre and other client applications, including drivers and EML lasers in transmitters plus PIN photodetectors and TIAs in receivers.
Cloud data centres are generating strong demand for transceiver solutions with higher port densities and lower cost per bit, which is driving the technology shift to single-lambda 100Gbps with PAM4 technology. The NeoPhotonics 53 Gbaud range offers module designers a complete set of optical components with accompanying analog electronic chips designed to achieve high performance with low power consumption in small form factor applications.
The 53 Gbaud Linear Optical Component range includes the following features and capbilities:
* Open Drain Driver (ODD) for linear operation of EML lasers. With a typical 90mW of power consumption per channel and small size, this high speed driver is well suited for space and power efficiency in small form factor pluggable modules.
* MZM drivers for Silicon Photonics modulators. This quad driver has a high 3.5Vppd output per channel and a typical 2.2W low power consumption for all four channels designed for small form factor pluggable modules.
* CWDM4 EML, which includes the option for integration with NeoPhotonics’ open drain driver. Over the operating temperature range from 20 to 70C, this EML is a preferred transmitter solution for PAM4 for intra-datacenter applications.
* PIN photodetectors. The side illumination structure of the PIN PD enables a simple coplanar assembly with mux/demux chip and TIA well suited for compact modules.
* Transimpedance Amplifier (TIA). With low noise and a typical power consumption of 60mA over a 3.3V rail, this TIA is well suited for receiver signal amplification for up to 10km transmission.
Tim Jenks, Chairman and CEO commented, “Our complete 53 Gbaud Linear Optical Component family, with a typical bandwidth of 35GHz for all these optical components, provides all needed optical components for single lambda 100Gbps transmitters and receivers, scalable to 400Gbps transceivers with CWDM4 wavelengths.
“NeoPhotonics is pleased to now also support the cloud data centers and the industry with a solid and growing portfolio of cost effective optical components based on NeoPhotonics’ high speed platforms of GaAs driver, InP EML/PIN PD, and SiGe TIA.”
NeoPhotonics will exhibit its 53 Gbaud Linear Optical Component family and other systems at OFC Optical Networking and Communication Conference & Exhibition on Booth 3322, between March 13th to 15th.