Advertise your job vacancy with Optical Connections News and reach thousands of professionals within the fibre optic communications industry.
Recruitment adverts should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest industry vacancies
Laser 2000: In-House Technical Support Engineers, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire
Your role will be to provide technical support at all stages of contract negotiation, from pre-sales to quotation and post-sales support. Extensive product, technical and sales training will be provided at the induction phase and will be followed up by continuous development, both in the UK and abroad. The role is the starting point for a future career in the company. The opportunities within the company are great and progression to field sales, product management, and business development are likely for the successful candidates.
You will have a degree in Physics, Telecommunications, Communications Engineering, or similar with degree level knowledge of laser physics, fibre-optics or optical communications technology. Sales experience is an advantage but is not a necessity. You will be an outgoing and enthusiastic person who is comfortable meeting and talking to customers. You will have excellent communication and presentation skills, and be IT literate.
Read more and find out how to apply: Laser 2000 – Join our Team – In-House Technical Support Engineers Mar16
Laser 2000: Content Editor/Copywriter, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire
Content Editor/Copywriter Key Responsibilities:
- Performing a key role within the marketing team you will be responsible for creating and adapting engaging content that supports the strategic goals of the business
- Ensuring a consistent flow of content across our external and internal platforms, including our website, social media platforms, partner websites, as well as our print media
- Writing, sub-editing and summarising copy for a range of marketing assets such as news items, blogs, case studies, customer testimonials, social media posts, landing pages, newsletters, press releases, datasheets and brochures/catalogues and direct mail campaigns
- Ensuring, where relevant, web copy is SEO optimised, relevant, compliant, and reflective of brand tone
- Creating and executing a communications content strategy across all our channels, including social media activities
- Engaging with audiences on key online communities and social media channels. Using targeted content to drive digital user engagement and brand loyalty
- Maintaining a content calendar to ensure regular content flow across the multiple platforms
- Providing updates on developments and enhancements in the content and social media arenas, suggesting best practice methods for future use
An advanced degree in physics or a related science. Experience in working in a marketing environment and producing content would be beneficial, but we also want to encourage graduates to get in contact with us if they feel strong about following a career into copywriting. You should have experience in digital multimedia and demonstrate strongly about writing and editing scientific and technical copy. The successful candidate will be a team player and able to multitask, pay attention to details, and meet deadlines. A strong interest in and knowledge of physical sciences and their communities at large are a plus.
Read more and find out how to apply: Join our Team – Copywriter Mar16