Ranovus’ disruptive platform, based on Quantum Dot Multi-Wavelength Laser and Silicon Photonics foundational technologies, is delivering 200Gbps Optical Engine and CFP2 pluggable solutions to address the growing demands of data centre interconnect market for scalability, lowest cost and power consumption.
Ranovus’ product solutions are based on the company’s innovation in delivering a multi-wavelength Quantum Dot Laser (QDL), Ring Resonator based Silicon Photonic (SiP) modulators and Driver IC’s as well as Receiver building blocks to support the lowest cost and lowest power consumption per bit for network connectivity compared to any other available solution.
“In the mid 1990s the optical communication industry was revolutionized through the invention of multi-wavelength amplifiers. Today we are announcing the availability of the World’s First multi-wavelength subsystem based on a single Quantum Dot Laser source. Complementing such innovation with our highly integrated Silicon Photonics and high speed IC building blocks, will enable the creation of a new miniaturization, cost and power consumption paradigm for Inter/Intra Data Centre connectivity, 5G wireless backhaul, Metro and Access networks” said Hamid Arabzadeh, Chairman of the board, President and CEO of Ranovus. “I’m pleased to announce the availability of our 200Gbps DCI solution using our platform technologies to enable massive data centre network connectivity”.
Highlights of Ranovus’ platform solution:
- A single Quantum Dot Laser capable of generating multiple wavelengths simultaneously
- Ring Resonators based SiP Modulators providing an efficient wavelength sensitive way to modulate a WDM optical signal without multiplexing or de-multiplexing architectures
- Advanced Electronics to enable PAM4 modulation format for Ethernet interfaces at 50Gb/s per lane and beyond
- Supporting links of 4.8 Tbps in the C-band
- Supporting various DCI transport distances from 15 to 120km
Ranovus will be showcasing the 200Gbps PAM4 solution for DCI applications at ECOC 2016 (Stand #672) in Dusseldorf Germany, September 19-21, 2016. Contact Ranovus for additional information.
By Per Danielsen